Skip to main content

Day One

A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself


So thats a picture I took on Friday just before I headed off to a wedding

Now for the "interesting" facts...

1. I have a birthmark in the colored part of my eye... my eyes are blue but the birthmark is a brown spot

2. My husband and I had a surprise wedding, it was a birthday party for my daughter's fourth birthday and we stood up half way through and announced we were getting married

3. I have known my husband since we were 10 years old and I have been in love with him since the first day I met him!

4. I prescribe to no religion in particular but believe in a higher power and the power of the universe as well as the concept of karma. I paradoxically believe in both fate and free will, I believe that we make our own decisions and guide our own path but that there are certain events and lessons in life that will happen regardless of our actions.

5. I suffer from chronic depression and have done since I was about 13. Somedays I struggle simply just to function but find the strength to carry on from my husband, kids, mum, family and friends.

6. I am a fiercely loyal friend and would do anything, absolutely anything, for the people I care about

7. I have started 6 degrees and never finished any of them... I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up

8. One of my favorite saying is "I love you in the face" which I occasionally shorten to face love when I'm feeling lazy... I think its Kacy's fault, her and her damn love for Grum's face!

9. I adore film and am probably a bit of a movie whore... I enjoy even the worst movies and can always find something to love about most of the movies I see... I have a dream of being a movie reviewer but know that I would probably suck at it because I love all movies and would struggle to be objective!

10. I grew up in Darwin which is one of the best places in the whole world to grow up. I grew up immersed with diverse cultures, traditions, cuisines, languages etc etc and am thankful for how that childhood has contributed to making me the accepting person I am today.

11. I have a little bit of a fetish for thin, sexy, anime men... I blame my Nanna for buying me Captain Harlock on Beta Video when I was little

12. I love receiving things in the mail (that aren't bills or grown up mail) so please feel free to post me things TIffany, PO Box 247, Gosnells WA 6990.

13. I would totally turn lesbian for Angelina Jolie

14. My two favorite books are The Time Travellers Wife and The Little Hut of Leaping Fishes

15. As well as film I also adore music, especially Australian music and would attend every single live show in Perth if I could afford it (and didn't actually enjoy spending time with my kids)

Well thats 15 things... I don't know if they are particularly interesting or not but I struggle to write these sorts of lists... maybe I'll try again later...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week One... Or Should I Say Week Two Thousand One Hundred and Seventy Nine...

 That's how many weeks I have been alive (give or take a couple of days). Two thousand one hundred and seventy-nine. Yet here I am still fighting the same fights I have always fought. Self-image, self-acceptance, unrelenting standards, imposter syndrome.  Once again I find myself in a body that feels uncomfortable and unhealthy. It crept up on me slowly and suddenly all at the same time. I still barely eat any refined sugar. I turn down the lollies and cakes and doughnuts at work. It's not even a struggle, I no longer enjoy the way sugar makes my body feel. But my old nemesis, potato chips, remains undefeated. I eat potato chips to fill the emptiness in my soul. To feel as miserable physically as I do mentally or emotionally. To get comfort from an association with my childhood. It is the struggle I can't overcome. The war I can't win. So after months of trying on my own to no avail, months of the scales not budging, I have signed up for a healthy eating plan. I'm n

World Domination and the Darkness

"Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?" "The same thing we do every night Pinky -  try to take over the world!" Two things are clear to me , I love that cartoon and Brain never suffered from depression. You see it's much easier to try to take over the world if you don't have to use every ounce of motivation and determination in your body to get out of bed each morning. If Brain had suffered from depression it is likely he may have given up his plan after the first failure. For even the smallest hurdle can, to a depressive, seem like an insurmountable barrier. Now don't get me wrong, there are lots of depressed people who have achieved all sorts of amazing things. World domination while depressed is not completely impossible its just a hell of a lot harder. Before people start accusing me of being a whiner and making excuses I would first ask those people a) do you currently have or have you ever depression? and b) can you shut your stupid

Unsent Letter: Dear Broken Little Girl

Dear Broken Little Girl You've got the world fooled. With your masks and your costumes. With the illusion you have created. I'm not fooled anymore, I see who you truly are. I see the little girl terrified of revealing any weakness or cracks. The little girl who uses people for what they can do for her and then casts them aside until she needs them once more. I used to look at you and think you were so much more than me, that I was so much less. Now I realise that you will never be as much as me. Not until you are willing to be wrong, to be imperfect, to be fragile and vulnerable and human. Anybody can do what you do, yet you doubt my ability. You think you are so grown up and in control, but you're not. Everything you stand against, you have been. Everything you fight for, you've never endured. You are an empty shadow trying to fill yourself up at the expense of others. You once told me that I should learn to put myself first and say no. Well I've learnt. I